We're always looking for help!
Ice cream is a fun treat. And it takes fun people to make it. That's why we're always on the lookout for the upbeat positive kind who want to make others upbeat and positive through the powers of amazing ice cream. Full-time, part-time, or volunteers - we're always interested in all of the above.
Ice Cream Scoopers
We’re striving to be the tastiest part of people’s day, and this starts with our team.
We’re looking for a diverse group of individuals who all share a common interest of taking care of each other and our guests...helping make Sweet Science Ice Cream the best place to work. Our favorite thing (besides ice cream) is building community!
Our team is an important part of our community, and we are proud to offer competitive wages, an energetic work environment and free ice cream!!!
Please keep in mind our desired attributes when applying:
18 years of age or older
Can stay unapologetically positive in a fast-paced, high volume & customer-facing position for 6-8 hours (It’s never boring!)
Can stand on your feet for long periods and perform physically-demanding tasks. Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs
At least 3 days of open availability per week, including weekends, holidays, and late-night shifts (10pm/11pm)
Provide consistent, world-class service to every single customer
Have opportunities for growth within a growing company
Bring people joy and help build community while working as a cooperative team member
Be familiar with what sets Sweet Science Ice Cream apart from other ice creams
Exhibit passion for community, an eye for detail, a willingness to clean (a lot), stamina (to serve people in long lines), and the ability to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment
Respect for food safety and hygiene standards
email email@example.com for more information
Pastry Assistant II for ice cream production!
The pastry assistant supports the production staff in activities of daily production. Ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, complete tasks with speed, efficiency and accuracy. Ideal candidate will have experience with pastry/baking in commercial setting. Candidate will pay attention to detail, be hard working and flexible. Candidate will possess general commercial kitchen knowledge.
• Cooking/churning ice cream and components
• Ensure quality products are served and no sub par ice cream leaves the freezer
• Take care of maintenance and safety issues according to creamery tools (checklists, cleaning lists, and safety lists)
• Cleaning, dishes, supporting and assisting production staff
• Contribute to creating an atmosphere of legendary ice cream and community
Skills and Competencies:
• Experience with baking/pastry at commercial level
• Bring an innate love for food to your work
• Demonstrate a high level of productivity and hard work
• Bring a spirit of collaboration and support to the entire team
• Demonstrate an interest and passion for both the company and product
• Reliable and being flexible to perform other tasks or projects as needed
• 6 months experience in a professional kitchen
• Respect for safety and hygiene standards
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Hard working, efficient, positive attitude.
• Able to consistently lift 20-50 pounds
• Ability to work a schedule that can flex due to seasonal demand
• Appreciates and participates in collaborative communication and problem solving
Include, with your resume a cover letter which includes the following:
Which position are you applying for and why would you be a great fit?
What is your food philosophy?
What is your biggest pet peeve?
What quality do you admire most?
Part time: 20-25 hrs/wk, $10/hr after training.
Interested? Please send us little bit about yourself and your resumé to Ashlee.
Love ice cream? We're always looking for eager volunteers to help us during special events. We promise you won't go home hungry. Interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org